Entering a new field usually come with various questions, in this case microstock — both in terms of uploading photos or designs and all things related to contributors.
Table of Contents
∘ Why doesn’t my portfolio appear in public profile?
∘ Why does my portfolio look different in each country?
∘ Does accept PSD files; what are the content requirements?
∘ Why was my photo/design rejected?
∘ How to get Creative Cloud app bonus?
∘ Free Collection, what does it mean?
∘ How do I get my portfolio selected for the Free Collection?
∘ Firefly bonus?
∘ Why is earnings from email different from site available earnings?
∘ Why can’t I withdraw my earnings?
∘ Which one should I choose for tax filing?
∘ What is the best choice for withdrawal?
∘ Which tax form should I choose?
∘ Why is my account blocked?
Why doesn’t my portfolio appear in public profile?
This is what you have to do, simply change id (Indonesia) in your url into other region (uk, au, nz, sg, etc.).
Update: The portfolio display on the desktop is back to how it used to be, so we can see all of our work… except through the mobile desktop.
Why does my portfolio look different in each country?
Adobe is currently localizing the users experience of Adobe stock. So it may be that your profile in your region shows no assets, but that they are up for sales in different locations. “As Adobe Stock expands into new countries, we are building collections, starting with a selection of high quality images from our top sellers. We are adding regularly new content as we expand our efforts in developing the service offered into these countries.” Kirsten Harris (an Adobe employee) explain.
Does accept PSD files; what are the content requirements?
You can read the terms and conditions on the content requirements menu.
Why was my photo/design rejected?
- SIMILAR - ALREADY SUBMITTED: Avoid submitting more than 5 similar designs, because it will be considered spamming.
- DATA ISSUE: You must change the keyword language or order or title information (must be relevant).
- QUALITY ISSUES: For photos, you may ask in the contributor forum for feedback if we cannot find the problem described. For design, if it looks blank it means wrong saving format or problem in preview resolution. Back again, there are many influencing factors.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY REFUSAL: Please read their Intellectual Property Rights Guidelines.
- NON-COMPLIANT: Please read Adobe Stock Contributor Guide to find out what buyers are looking for.
How to get Creative Cloud app bonus?
If you had between 150 and 4,999 downloads of your standard collection assets last year, you’re eligible for a complimentary year of access to one of the following: the Creative Cloud Photography plan (20GB) or the InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, or After Effects Single App plan.
If you had 5,000 or more downloads last year, you’re eligible for a complimentary year of access to the Creative Cloud all apps plan.
Contributors are not allowed to give or sell their bonus codes, and bonus codes will expire in 12 months if not redeemed. However, if meet the download requirements, new bonus will come again.
Free Collection, what does it mean?
In 2020 Adobe Stock launched free collection to help contributors with the growing need by inviting selected contributors to nominate assets for potential inclusion in the free collection. One thing to remember, on average only 10–50% of the nominated assets will be selected. Adobe Stock will review and instant pay on 15 days — payment date may vary.
How do I get my portfolio selected for the Free Collection?
On average Adobe Stock will choose a portfolio that has been downloaded from 1–5 times. However, it is possible that those who have downloaded more than 5 or have never been downloaded can also be nominated. How do I know? Because there are fellow contributors who have experienced this.
All eligible Adobe Stock contributors with photos, vectors or illustrations in the standard and Premium collection, whose content was used to train the first commercial Firefly model received a Firefly bonus payment on September 13, 2023.
Why is earnings from email different from site available earnings?
This question comes from contributors who do not understand English. So the income info sent via email is the total income earned yesterday, not from a single purchase.
Why can’t I withdraw my earnings?
Even though you have reach the US$25, you’ve got a least 45 days have passed since your first Adobe Stock sale.
Which one should I choose for tax filing?
The meaning is clear, it’s just that those who don’t understand English don’t know which one to choose — you can copy paste the text and translate using Google Translate. So for you who are not US residents, choose the second option. The email address must match the one registered for payment.
What is the best choice for withdrawal?
There are pluses and minuses to each option. For example, to receive money are free from PayPal and Skrill, but Payoneer has a better currency conversion rate.
Which tax form should I choose?
W9 form: US tax residents typically should submit a Form W-9 so they don’t withhold taxes on your Adobe Stock income. A valid Form W-9 requires a US SSN, EIN, or ITIN.
W-8 BEN form: For you are a resident of a country that has no tax treaty with the US. A 30% withholding tax is applicable on all sales. Always check the expiration date, in case you need to submitting a new form. Otherwise, the maximum withholding tax will start to apply to your income upon expiration.
For more details, please read the Tax Information.
Why is my account blocked?
There are many things that can cause an account get banned, such as:
- Withdrawing after a sudden high sales, due to suspicion of illegal purchases.
- There is sales activity that is suspected of fraudulent intent or your assets are similar to another artist.
- There is text in the image related to the website address (eg. www.yoursite.com); including social media icon, logo, trademarks & QR code.
- Account validation issue: violated Adobe Stock’s Terms or someone has filed a complaint against you; using invalid name on profile like “xxxxx”; upload property photos without property release etc.
- Inconsistent account data (eg. the name listed is different from the identity data requested — ID/Passport). For example, the name written on the account is only 2 words, but on the identity there are 3 words.
Please note, repeatedly submitting the same/similar content that is rejected, as well as uploading too much in 1 day can also be considered spamming and these things can result in the account being banned.
If you have more questions, please write them in the comments column. I’ll help to answer it if I can.